Albany Attorneys For People Injured In Trucking Accidents
Truck accidents are among the most dreaded types of motor vehicle accidents for good reasons. A truck’s size and momentum usually mean that in a collision, the occupants of smaller vehicles are likely to be killed or seriously injured.
If you have been injured as a driver or passenger of another vehicle, your medical condition may be grave. Your recovery may be long and arduous. Medical expenses, rehabilitation and financial losses are likely to be a great challenge for your whole family.
From the legal side of a truck accident, you should realize that the trucking company or any commercial entity associated with it – including insurers – will likely have their defense lawyers on the scene right away. Ideally, you should level the playing field by having representation by your own attorneys as soon as possible.
At Smalline and Harri, you will find experienced, attentive plaintiffs’ lawyers ready to protect your rights after a truck accident.
Causes Of Truck Accidents And Why They Matter
The most important legal aspect of a truck accident for someone outside the truck is to determine who is liable to pay for their injuries. If you suffered a spinal cord injury, traumatic brain injury, broken bones, or back, neck or shoulder injuries in a truck accident, you need legal advice as soon as possible.
If our Albany attorneys represent you, we will conduct an investigation to determine the cause of the crash. We may learn that your truck accident was likely caused in whole or in part by:
- The truck driver’s impaired driving, fatigue or distracted driving
- The trucker’s failure to conduct an inspection to confirm the functionality of the lights, brakes and trailer hitch before taking the truck on the road
- An inspector who did not flag a truck when it should have failed inspection
- The truck dispatcher’s pressure on the driver, perhaps compelling him or her to drive without sufficient rest breaks
- A traffic violation by the truck driver or another driver that set off a chain reaction involving the truck
- Loading dock crew members whose negligent work resulted in an imbalanced or overweight load
These are some of the most common examples of reasons that truck accidents happen, but the list is not exclusive. If we represent you after a truck accident, we will leave no stone unturned as we look for the needle in the haystack. Our goal is to develop a compelling, persuasive case as if for trial.
How We Can Secure The Compensation That You Need
With our strong trial record, we are confident that we can get a good outcome for you through negotiations or mediation. But we will prepare to persuade a judge and jury of your case if necessary.
Get your case started now. We will represent you on a contingency basis. You will not owe attorney fees until we recover compensation for you. Call 518-704-4604 or email us to discuss the next steps.