Experienced Albany Attorneys Representing People Suffering From Spinal Cord Injuries
A spinal cord injury (SCI) is normally a life-altering event, not only for the individual who has suffered the catastrophic injury but also for their closest family members. The injured person may need personal care services for months or years. In addition, a spouse, parent or child of someone with this type of severe injury may find themselves in the role of caregiver.
To lighten the load of a person affected by paralysis after an accident as well as of other family members at home, a thorough legal analysis should be pursued in time to bring a personal injury claim, if possible.
At Smalline and Harri, we bring years of experience and accumulated knowledge to the table. At our boutique-style law firm, injured clients find attorneys who treat them like family while also working hard to bring about favorable outcomes.
How Did Your Spinal Cord Injury Come About?
If we represent you, we will pursue with determination the truth about how you were injured. This may mean we will conduct detailed accident reconstruction regarding your:
- Car, truck or motorcycle accident
- Pedestrian or bicyclist accident
- Medical malpractice incident
- Fall injury at a construction site, a state park or anywhere
- Slip-and-fall or trip-and-fall accident on stairs with New York code violations
- Sports or recreational injury
We truly care about your recovery after you have suffered a permanent injury. We want to explain how our knowledge and experience can benefit you in the long run. We will support your needs for:
- Top-notch medical treatments
- Therapy and rehabilitation
- Disability accommodations, possibly including a motorized wheelchair and scheduled replacements over a lifetime; a modified van for transportation and replacements as needed over time
- Home remodeling, including one or more ramps; widened doorways; lowered counters; a hospital-like bed and, possibly, a lift for transfers between bed, wheelchair and shower
- Occupational retraining if appropriate
- Technological outfitting of your home to include software and devices that you can operate with the abilities that you still have
With the help of a lifecare planner and other knowledgeable professionals, we will put together a compelling case to present to claims adjusters and other decision-makers in your case. We prepare every case as if for trial. With this approach, many of our clients’ cases settle successfully with no need for a trial.
Schedule A Free Consultation About Your SCI
Our lawyers begin every case by listening carefully. We then gather the information that we need to conduct a thorough investigation. Ultimately, we want to help you get the resources that you need to rebuild your life after suffering a spinal cord injury.